HCHA 2016 conference
Home and Community Health Association (HCHA) conference
Theme: Looking in, looking out
Where: Te Papa, Wellington
When: 28–29 September 2016
The year’s HCHA conference will explore the challenges and opportunities of changes occurring in home and community services. The conference will give delegates the chance to look inwards at:
- clients – their physical, mental, social or cultural needs, gifts and challenges
- workforce development, including regularisation and training
- the best ways to work with people and other organisations
- organisational quality, health and safety, information technology, financial management, privacy and governance.
It will also offer opportunities to look outwards at:
- health strategy planning and funding, medium- and long-term planning
- robotics and other technologies
- emerging and future care and support options
- what’s new in rehabilitation, restoration, injury and illness prevention and health and wellness promotion
- intersections between home support and other social systems.
Programme, registration and other information can be found at www.hcha.org.nz/conference-2016.
NZACA 2016 conference
New Zealand Aged Care Association (NZACA) 2016 conference
Theme: The pursuit of excellence – building on our strengths
Where: SkyCity Convention Centre, Auckland
When: 4–6 October 2016
This year’s NZACA conference aims to celebrate the quality of care provided by New Zealand’s aged residential care sector and confront the challenges faced by the sector.
The programme, while still in the fine-tuning phase and subject to change, looks set to address issues relating to palliative care, interRAI, dementia care, the sector’s workforce and much more through a selection of local and international experts on a variety of topics.
Technological change is having an impact on many facets of aged care, from the business operation of facilities to the care they deliver. The conference will look at some of the trends emerging with digital technology and how providers are managing the change. It will also look at how to manage the growing expectations of its customers in a highly regulated, tightly funded and competitive environment.
As usual, the feather in the conference cap is the gala dinner, at which the winners of the annual Excellence in Care Awards will be announced. Entries closed for this year’s awards on 11 August. Delegates should start dusting off their sequins for the disco-themed evening.
The Selwyn Institute for ageing and spirituality
2016 Gerontology Nursing Conference
Theme: Spirituality and the foundations of human caring
Where: Tasman Room, Alexandra Park, Greenlane Rd West, Epsom
When: Wednesday, 7 December 2016, 8.30am – 5.00pm. It provides 6.5 hours of certified professional development.
Keynote speakers will be Dr Jean Watson, Dr Michal Boyd, Dr Richard Egan, Dr Maree Bernoth, Dr Chris Perkins and Professor Thomas Petschner
2017 diary date
New Zealand Wound Care Society’s 8th national conference
Theme: Clearing the air – dispelling the myths and misconceptions in wound care
Where: Energy Events Centre, Rotorua
When: 18–20 May 2017
Keynote speakers will be Professor Keryln Carville, Associate Professor Geoff Sussman, and Professor Rod MacLeod.
You might also like to read:
- Wit and wisdom awaits at this year’s RVA conference
- Local and international experts at Gerontology Conference
- Musings on the state of aged care in New Zealand
- HCHA conference: small but perfectly formed
- NZACA conference: plenty to challenge and inspire delegates
- Technology in the spotlight at NZACA conference